Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Dawn of Grace and Glory by Dr. Omolola Omoteso, World Class Advisor

*Happy New Year*

2019 is gone! No matter how well it blessed you. No matter how worse it got, that year is GONE and never returning.

The pains or praise may linger in your memory, but today you have received a new lease of life for redo or resit and result. Today, you have received the blessings of fresh seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks and months - these we all have equally regardless of gender, status, ability or capability.

A babalawo may assure you of the potency of “gbemiro” but the lamentation of ghosts is seldom in public domain.

As an Oracle of the Most High, I can tell you that the power to command the dawn of 2020 is in your hands (Jobs 38:12) and the words you speak would charge or discharge your destiny. I can tell you that life and death, success and failure, testimonies and tests are in 2020 and the blame we put upon the dead for dying, holds no water once breathing stops. Except a miracle happens within minutes or hours of death, they NEVER return to us in the same physical form.

I urge you to make a conscious effort to be well in 2020. Sow SEEDS of Wellness. Despite the mountain size challenges I faced in 2019, I did and it paid off. Despite overwhelming odds, 2019 was the year my publishing and editing skills turned out 4 books including Living Proof... That Jesus Lives bylined by me. I give God praise for His amazing grace.  I have no idea if I would have a home to return to when I return to the USA but, I have left that side in the hands of God as I take care of business in my present location. 

It is the same faith we use when we go to bed at night, no one has 100% assurance of waking yet, we enter into temporary death and give praise when we arise. The gravity of the reality that not all surgeries are successful hit me one day when someone was wheeled out DEAD while I was awaiting a call on the outcome of my husband’s surgery. It hit me more, when after the pangs of grief, the grind and gloom of widowhood followed by gory of double surgery, I longed for death and I had a brief out of body experience during which I heard, “Is this what you want?”

Many women get pregnant, not all take home a baby. Many have babies but not all see them grow. Many grow and succeed but not all buy land. Many people buy land, not all build. Many build but not all live long enough to live in it... 

Life is short, but we can make living count for much by living well and touching others with kindness beyond tribal, ethnic, religious, career or physical differences. 

SEEDS of Wellness. 

1. Sleep Well (on a good bed and junk free room, we ain’t taking anything out of this world). 

2. Eat Well (feed all senses not just your mouth, your brain needs books, your skin needs oil, especially in harmattan).

3. Exercise Well (sedentary life would kill your nerves so take a walk, cook, wash, sex is good within the borders of love). 

4. Dress Well (you get no award for looking drab; your good dress sense adds to your esteem and confidence plus it attracts favour. If you are struggling, dressing poor drives helpers away). 

5. Support Well (no matter your situation, you are better than millions, so share what you have, visit somebody, encourage a stranger; remember the little boy with the fish and loaves, givers grow grace).

I’m just getting set to update my plans and goals for 2020... I urge you to include these 5 things: 

1. Be a better person - to yourself (sign up for counsel, conference, study, course, retreat), wife/husband, child/children, ward/mentee, family/friends, company, employees/employer, community, nation, world. After 5 university degrees some would say I need not do more but, I am learning to speak French. QUI! 😀 I am taking two courses online. I have added few must-attend conferences to my list and plan to sponsor 3-4 other women to attend one this year. I have been to only two African countries, I plan to add one more. I also wish to under SANx, similar to TEDx, create forum where women would build other women. This would be in addition to stepping up the advocacy to end widow abuse and reform probate laws beginning with Nigeria and USA. You can be a better person. BE. Let those who lie, lie no more. Let those who steal, steal no more.

2. Avoid contention and meaningless rancour. If it won’t make things better for someone or situation, move away. Edit out contentious people from your life. If nothing else, it moderates your bp. I would be doing a lot of moving away from arguments even on the forum; we all can make points without causing pain or problem. You will never see the same things the same way 100% of the time with your spouse or sibling. I read earlier today how it took Mummy Adeboye 6 years to get Daddy Adeboye’s support for Feast of Esther, a programme that is now a blessing to thousands all over the world.

3. Deliberately create moments and memories by organising events (you need no reason beyond come chop 😀), participating in programmes (alumni, faith, etc) or sponsoring and/or supporting projects (we get plenty we can revive or support).

4. Create smiles in yourself and others; find a reason to laugh! Switch from sporadic shooting action film to romance or comedy. If it is not the smile or laugh of insanity, it supports your mental health. Stop living with pain! You owe yourself happiness. Tourist site, cinema, spa, salon, beach, medical screenings etc are created for humans. 

5. Participate in governance as follower or leader; blame less, build more. Join a party or start one. Contribute your quota to make your territory better. Refer those on this forum who can serve, we all can ensure we have better leaders; it was through a referral we got the gift of Dr. Dora Akunyili.

Finally...

It has been a blessing leading this initiative and being a follower as I learn from many. It has been a blessing having you here as co-leader and co-follower. I want to be there to celebrate your award as a relevant part of our world. In those rare times when challenges fall, I want to be there to hold your hands, pat your shoulder, counsel you, pray for or with you to let you know time will change your story, turnaround is ahead.

With limitless joy, I welcome YOU to a new dawn of grace and glory. Together we will succeed in 2020.

Dr. Omolola Omoteso
Omolola.webs.com

No comments: