Sunday, June 23, 2019

Nigerian and USA Attorneys Swindle Widow of Estate Valued at $4.5M!



Fraud on widows has become an acceptable norm due to its subtle institutionalisation by courts, security personnel and the people. 

Wickedness has led many widows, with or without offspring, to be kicked into the streets. But what many do not know is that this atrocity happens even in the United States of America where the law appears to be protective of women but gets interpreted differently when the widow is NOT Caucasian.

It is a known fact that a widow can act as administrator to her husband’s estate but what happens when the judicial process is twisted against a widow and the widow has no financial resources to get legal backing?

The case of Dr. Omolola Omoteso Famuyiwa is pathetic. It all began with Adeleke Omoteso moving Bola Omoteso's corpse in other to gain access to documentation, which he influenced in a way that shows premeditation. This could lead one to conclude that Bola Omoteso's death was a homicide. 

Sadly, all those she has reached to step into the matter including the Vice President of Nigeria and Office of 9th District Representative in New Jersey have played mute to the plight of the widow.

You must have read the news going viral about a widow being locked out of her home in the USA. What you may not have read is that judges, attorneys in Nigeria and the USA, realtors and Wells Fargo Bank are involved in the FRAUD which has led to the hijack of a $4.5M Dollar Estate of Bola Omoteso. But hope is not lost since FRAUD is basis for reversing such cases in America.

Involved in the FRAUD is the deceased husband’s own brother - Adeleke Omoteso, his wife Olubunmi Omoteso of First Bank Nigeria and Iseoluwa Abiodun Johnson. On the USA end, we have the judges - Menelaus Toskos and James DeLuca, attorneys - Geoffrey Mueller, Jenny Flom of Cole Schotz, Angelo Scott and the realtor Tarek Hassieb. The judges and attorneys have acted outside judicial appropriateness with many apparent civil violations.

During the last court hearing, Judge DeLuca insisted he had read the Defendant's motion but somehow the judge, who is expected to be impartial, missed reading that she requested for a Yoruba interpreter! Dr. Omolola made this request because court transcripts showed statements different from what she actually said. The reason the court gave was her African accent. How absurd.

“I remember our first love day, you returned home to a candle lit dinner and you asked, who is coming to dinner. And I said YOU. You looked into my eyes as we ate, you shared how this was a first for you. It was for me too... We’d be dining together today if you were not an angel. I’m standing strong.”

This was tweeted in the early hours of June 18, 2019 via the Anne Muyiwa handle; one that has done a lot to focus attention on widow abuse as it advocates for #JusticeforOmolola, #JusticeforWidows #EndWidowAbuse #ReformProbateLaws #CriminaliseWidowAbuse #TimeIsNow

Dr. Omolola Famuyiwa aka Dr. Omolola Omoteso, the widow of Bola Omoteso is a journalist, communicator par excellence, publisher, public affairs analyst who has graced the screen and radio station airwaves across Nigeria including Channels TV and TVC. She has featured in newspapers including Vanguard and Guardian. She is an avid advocate for child rights and press freedom; a writer with published works who is honoured to speak within and outside the church and corporations, professionally. She has served as private consultant to a number of people including well-respected public persons.

One would expect many to be touched by her story, especially with her contributions to advocacy, counselling and support for widows she has been thrown into based on personal experience. But like many other issues, it seems many Nigerians have become immune to abuse, fraud or corruption that does not include blood, corpse and semen.

And the Federal Government of Nigeria? Is corruption not a key agenda? One begin to agree that the conspiracy of silence has made insecurity, terrorism, corruption become wars that are impossible to win.

In Dr. Omolola Omoteso’s own words...

The case of widow abuse, impersonation, fraud, financial crime and police brutality, is a simple one that can be summed up as GREED. It is one the state or nation should take up because I was impersonated in the filing of Letter of administration application. It is an unfortunate issue, which has been made lengthy by corrupt judges and criminally minded attorneys focused on bending the arm of the law. 

Though his status as brother is contestable due to many reasons including images which shows no resemblance, I would refer to him here as my husband’s brother to give a frame to the story.

Let me also state that USA does not recognise siblings where there is wife but in this matter Adeleke who filed from out of country through caucasian attorneys without stating his Nigerian address, have been allowed to contest the estate of an American citizen who never changed domicile or renounced his citizenship. I have 20 human rights violations listed in this matter.

Adeleke Omoteso, my husband’s brother filled the form for the hospital copy of the doctored death certificate and autopsy result which is missing key points of reference. Instead of our home address in the USA, Adeleke wrote his own Nigeria address. I later discovered this was based on premeditation. One which may have led to the death of Bola Omoteso, my beloved husband.

My husband’s brother, a Nigerian lawyer, sent his wife Olubunmi (staff of First Bank) to collect my deceased husband’s death certificate in Nigeria where he passed on while on vacation. They never gave it to me till date. It took a while for me to see that they wrote their own address on it.

Using the death certificate, through a lawyer friend of theirs, they applied for letter of administration in my name and Adeleke’s name and obtained a bank certificate in my name and his name in Nigeria. Corruption and bribery made this possible.

I succeeded in getting the National Population Commission copy but the address could not be changed. I suspected no motive at that time and so used it as is to file in USA for letter of administration which I got after all conditions were fulfilled.

Knowing I already filed for LA in USA, Adeleke and his attorney Iseoluwa Abiodun Johnson brought the document they obtained in Nigeria to USA to file a case that my husband owes him money and that I already filed for Letter of Administration in NG so I should be punished for filing in USA.

The debt claim had been filed previously but thrown out. It lacked merit as there was no proof and everything now points to the fact that any debt between the brothers was made good by Bola Omoteso who I discovered transferred large sums of money to his brother and gave him a Honda Pilot valued at 33,000$ as payment. I never filed in Nigeria, himself and his attorney impersonated me. Sadly in the USA court believes debt claim and that that I filed in Nigeria, the court refused to investigate.

The case had been on for about 8 months when I was compelled by the judge to settle. Sadly the process was bungled and the adversaries noted the terms alone and filed alone without my being allowed to be a party to it. I was not allowed to be part of the settlement document drafting so what the judge passed one month after was all about what the plaintiff wanted, it excluded me as living spouse.

The case, which has been on now since January 2017, took another turn when I arrived from UK to see I had been locked out in absentia. After I arrived, without being given any access, all my things were taken out to storage without a court order permitting this. The eviction order obtained is nullified by non-service yet they acted on it, locked me out, stole things I returned from UK with, hijacked contents of the 5 bed, 4 level home and the property was flipped to a lawyer friend of an attorney acting for the plaintiff’s attorney.

There is a number of human and civil rights violations in the case. I have documented 20. With me acting pro se, judge and attorneys continue to act with impunity as they lumped my rights as administrator with my rights as wife. 

I need your help to blow up the matter via social media and traditional media so those high up can call for the matter and serve justice to stop the abuse. I have been homeless since April 2 with no access to all I own and threat that they would be sold. I fear for my life yet I root my trust in God. I am a woman of strength but this is capable of breaking anyone.

Conclusion

Omolola's story was featured on full page in Vanguard Newspaper of Thursday May 23 2019. This was to set the pace for heightened publicity towards June 18, Bola Omoteso’s post humous 62nd birthday and June 23, International Widows Day.

In this video Omolola makes a spirited appeal to Prof. Oluyemi Osinbajo on whose invitation her husband went to Nigeria during which he lost his life on February 11, 2016. The video is available on YouTube too.

This erudite widow has experienced abuse, fraud, impersonation, judicial complicity and police connivance in Nigeria in addition to brutality in the USA after Jenny Flom, a Caucasian attorney now masquerading illegally as administrator to Bola Omoteso’s Estate, locked her out of her home. 

Report reaching us is that Jenny Flom sold the home in Edgewater New Jersey to her friend, Angelo Scott an immigration attorney in the US for barely 50% of the value while plan is underway to maliciously toss other properties after the widow spent three years to renovate. Adeleke Omoteso has impounded things she owns in Nigeria including her Mercedes Benz and inheritance worth $150,000! This is no doubt a crime; we call well meaning Nigerians and Americans to shout out loud to ensure justice.

Time to stand up to seek #JusticeforOmolola and other widows is NOW.

Addendum to Last Paragraph:

Post research, it was discovered that Jenny Flom used Angelo Scott to pay off Fay Servicing, a mortgage company to whom Wells Fargo illegally transferred Bola Omoteso’s mortgage. Meaning, Jenny Flom who is acting for Geoffrey Mueller, attorney to Adeleke Omoteso, merely paid off what is owed on the property to take it over. This is FRAUD

No comments: